httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] forward proxy
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:53:24 GMT
On Fri,  9 Jul 2004 10:05:29 +0200, Carretti Enrico
<carretti.enrico.26608@unimo.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm going to configure Apache to work as a forwrd proxy for my LAN; I know
> that, when apache is used as a "normal" web server, there is the way to
> protect some directories asking clients authentication (in particular I use
> the third part module mod_auth_kerb to perform kerberos auth). In my case I
> desire to require auth every time a host of my LAN requests to the proxy an
> HTTP session: so, is it possible to perform any kind of restriction based on
> the request made on the port 80 and NOT based on which directory is requested
> (that has no sense in the case of a forward proxy)? Best regards

You don't mention what version of Apache.

In 2.0, you can place directives in a <Proxy *> section to catch all
proxy requests.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#access

Of course, I'm not sure if apache supports proxy authentication which
is similar to, but not exactly the same as, regular http auth.

Joshua.