httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help with mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 01:45:10 GMT
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:59:39 -0700 (PDT), Admin-Stress
<meerkapot@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ah found the problem ... I tried to redirect to my OWN website, and then it will not
work

>    RewriteRule .* http://www.redirected.org/contact.html [R]
>
> if redirected.org is my domain name then it will not work :(

Yah, well, browsers don't change the Referer on a redirect, so you've
obviously created a loop.  A look at the logs should show that.

You can fix it by replacing your RewriteRule with
RewriteRule !^/contact http://www.redirected.org/contact.html [R]

Or you can change to an internal redirect by giving the local url-path
to contact.

Or you can add the following rule BEFORE the existing ones:
RewriteRule ^/contact - [L]

Joshua.