httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Abrahams <abrah...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Not Seeing tnsnames.ora?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:01:04 GMT
I've run my test script from the CLI with success as both the www-data
user, which owns the apache processes, as well the nobody user.

I have setup Apache 2.0.49. It executes scripts that do not touch the
database just fine. When I try to connect to the database I get a:

DatabaseError: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154
      args = (<OracleError object>,)

ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I have setup the enviroment in my conf file for Oracle:

SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
SetEnv ORACLE_HOME=/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/

It imports cx_Oracle, a Python db module just fine, which means it
sees LD_LIBRARY_PATH just fine.

I thought perhaps it couldn't see tnsnames.ora, so I added another
environment variable:

SetEnv TNS_ADMIN=/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/admin

I ensured the permissions were proper on tnsnames.ora and even took
chmod 777 for testing. No luck.

This is confusing to me because it runs fine as under the CLI as both
www-data and user nobody, thus I'm assuming it's some weird Apache
thing I just can't figure out.

I'm running Debian Testing, using the multi-threaded worker apache2 package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Sean

Apache/2.0.49 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.4