httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bijoy Thomas <bijoy...@gwu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] UserDir doubt
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:05:09 GMT
Hi all,

  I'm trying to get the  UserDir option in httpd.conf to work. The directive is placed in
the <IfModule mod_userdir.c> container. How do I know if that module is loaded. The
httpd -l command will tell me wats statically liked into Apache right? How can I know what
modules are dynamically loaded?

I have a user named bijoyjth. I assume it is loaded bcoz when I try http://localhost/~bijoyjth
it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. The apache processes are running as 'nobody' and the index.html
file in public_html directory of bijoyjth has permissions rw_r__r__ . UserDir in httpd.conf
is set to public_html. What else shud I do?

Thanks in advance,
Bijoy.