httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard Isdell" <gerard.isd...@kinetic.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Increase the children
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:00:35 GMT
Thank you

Do i have to recompile apache before increasing the max client  number

Gerard

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gary Smith" <gary@primeexalia.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>, <gerard.isdell@kinetic.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:58:07 -0700
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Increase the children

In your httpd.conf file you need to find that section that has this
information and change it accordingly

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 10
MaxSpareServers 20
StartServers 10
MaxClients 250
MaxRequestsPerChild 0

Play with the values until you achieve optimal performance for your system.
There is no generic number that works for everyone.  I would tweak the
MaxClients and MaxSpareServers to higher values until you run into resource
problems.

Gary