httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] more output than send by the script?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:56:09 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> If you client can't deal with this, then it isn't an HTTP/1.1 client,
> and it should therefore be sending HTTP/1.0 requests, not HTTP/1.1
> requests.  That, in turn, should prevent apache from chunking.

mod_proxy_html normally sets chunked encoding on http/1.1 requests
whenever it processes them.  I got a lot of reports of MSIE falling
over in a heap, so I added a check for force-response-1.0 and the
mod_proxy_html webpage now recommends it as a BrowserMatch for MSIE.

This is probably the same thing.

--
Nick Kew