httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 ProxyPassReverse inside Location
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:05:32 GMT
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I think that is the configuration that he was using.  I haven't tried
> it myself, but I don't see how it can work.  If the Location header
> doesn't have an absolute URL, then there is no way for apache to
> determine which origin server it came from.  Hence the problem
> reported here where only the last "ProxyPass /" has any effect.

I haven't read his post in as much detail as you evidently have.

ProxypassReverse won't fix the broken HTTP.  But browsers do - most
of them silently - and ProxypassReverse can help them get that fix
right.

Whether that's relevant to this particular case I don't know, but
it looked likely from the quote I followed up to.

BTW, I've released a new update to mod_proxy_html today.

--
Nick Kew