httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 UserDir problem (II)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:56:43 GMT

> I can't make apache2 start with the directory
/home/home/laurent/public_html/
> where 'laurent' is a user. I inserted the line:
> UserDir /home/home/laurent/public_html/

Do you want this to be a UserDir accessible with
http://domain.tld/~laurent/
or do you want DocumentRoot/Directory set to
/home/home/laurent/public_html/ ?

You've alluded to both, which are different directives.

If it doesn't work, what errors are showing up in the error_log?

> in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf. So it should work but it don't!

> Anyway, in what directory does apache2 start by default?
I've never found a restriction where apache can start from and don't think
one exists.
--
Linux is like an Indian tent: no Windows, no Gates, and an Apache inside!