httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject [users@httpd] m$ asp on windows/apache
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:14:43 GMT
All hatred of ASP/M$ aside, cause i agree :) ... i  have a question about
the viability of running ASP through Apache on a Windows NT/2000 server.

We inherited an application that is now used for 90+ percent of our online
recruiting process.  It is written in VBScript/ASP, runs some COM, all
throuh IIS.  As of late, the IIS process is starting to inexpicably hang,
and the recuruting staff can not process resumes with the ASP application,
b/c the webserver hangs.

My question... Is there a good solution to run this code on the same
windows host, but use Apache.  I've seen Apache::ASP, and it looks like it
can handle what i'm asking??  Does anyone have any expierence with it and
could offer advice/limitations that i should know about.

I'm not a windows person, but i have great faith in Apache, so i'm hoping
this may be an option.

Thanks
Jeff