httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not logging
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:54:05 GMT

Does the log file get created? If so, but no data arrives and you have
RewriteLogLevel set high, then is this area of the config being reached?
(eg, if the directives are in a <Directory> container, is the request
landing inside this container).

>        I have a simple working example, so I know this is not the
> problem.
>        Also, I am trying to get a second version of Apache2 running on
> the same machine to test this problem out, but this fails at
> start up as
> httpd is already in use. I was able to run Apache1.3 and Apache2 in
> tandem before upgrading to Apache2, but I am not sure how I can force
> through the two instances (purely for testing out this mod_rewrite
> problem).

They have to listen to different ports. Two processes cannot bind to the
same socket... Apart from that fundamental requirement, you can run as
many apaches as you like.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>        This is a live server, so it is not good to have to keep
> restarting the service, although as stated, mod_rewrite runs fine on a
> similar test machine.
>        Any clues are welcome.
> Thanks
> Kevan