httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jennifer Zelazny <...@calgb.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect domain.com to www.domain.com
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:57:58 GMT
Hello.  Redirect revisited:  I have never been able to get the Redirect
to work, and what I need to do seems like it should be simple.  This
time around, I am including part of my conf file as well as the exact
error I am getting to hopefully make my error stick out.

My conf file is taken right from the example:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#canonical-hostnames

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.domain.org
   ServerAlias domain.org
   Redirect permanent / http://www.domain.org/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName www.domain.org
     ServerAdmin web@domain.org
     DocumentRoot /Volumes/www/Sites/domain.org/documents
    </VirtualHost>

The error I receive when trying to access http://domain.org:
"Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.calgb2.org/”.
This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another
page which then is redirected to open the original page."

I am completely stumped.
Thanks in advance,
Jen

On Apr 21, 2004, at 8:10 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Boyle Owen wrote:
>>> From: Jennifer Zelazny [mailto:web@calgb.org]
>>>
>>> Hello.  I have Apache 1.3.29 running on an OS X Server and would like
>>> to have all incoming requests for domain.com to be redirected to
>>> www.domain.com.  I attempted to do this by setting up
>>> RedirectPermanent