httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] suexec and virtual hosts
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:56:56 GMT
Hi all,
    I have a default installation of Apache 1.3.27 on a RedHat Linux system.
Running suexec -V shows the following details
-D DOC_ROOT="/var/www"
 -D GID_MID=100
 -D HTTPD_USER="apache"
 -D LOG_EXEC="/var/log/httpd/suexec_log"
 -D SAFE_PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
 -D UID_MID=100
 -D USERDIR_SUFFIX="public_html"

The virtual hosts are owned by different users and their home directories
are in /home directories whereas the DocumentRoot is in
/usr/sitename/webapps/ROOT and cgi scripts are under DocumentRoot/cgi-bin.
This have proper ScriptAlias.
My question is it possible to run Apache with suexec enabled for these
virtual hosts. I am getting a command not in docroot error.

rgds
Antony Paul