httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Sewell" <ben_sewell_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] hosting more than one site on my apache server...can I do it?
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:36:53 GMT
Hi,
sure you can! :-) Just make a new folder and edit the virtual host section
at the bottom. Here are two I am silently building just for your refence.
I'm assuming you don't have port 80 blocked. Don't forget to turn on
name-based virtual hosting near the bottom also.

#Korantha
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin ben_sewell_007@hotmail.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/K
    ServerName korantha.game-host.org
    ErrorLog logs/korantha-error_log
    CustomLog logs/korantha-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
#pectabyte’s site
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin pectabyte@hotmail.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/pectabyte
    ServerName pectabyte.dyndns.org
    ErrorLog logs/pectabyte-error_log
    CustomLog logs/pectabyte-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

You might need to ask your friend what the name of the start page is (page
which is first loaded) in case you need to edit the directory index (not
sure of exact name) but it is about halfway down the main server
configuration and you should see "index.htm index.html.var" assuming you
havnt changed anything. just add the start page name for his site and
restart the apache server. Eg index.htm index.html.var start.html, where
your friends start page is start.html.

If you need additional help, just reply again.

Regards,
Ben