httpd-users mailing list archives

From "yc lim" <meepok...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to relative link outside root directory
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:21:39 GMT
Hi,

  I have an issue here, hope you guys can help.

  I am not sure if it is an issue with Apache, but I am unable to link
documents (e.g. jpeg) from outside the root document.

  E.g.

  Document root:   /var/www/html/websiteroot/
  Index Document: /var/www/html/websiteroot/index.html
  image folder:       /var/www/html/image/

  What I wish to do is to place the images in /image/ onto index.html. I
beleive if my structure is as such, I should have a img src of
"../image/1.jpeg right?

  Unfortuantely, apache refuses to display the image. I have even tried the
whole path i.e. /var/www/html/image/1.jpeg. And it still refuses to display
the image.

  I believe I used to be able to do it.

  Can anyone help?

  Thanks!