httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian V Hughes <bria...@Dartmouth.EDU>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about RequestHeader and Apache's use of Environment Variables
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:03:32 GMT
On Thursday, July 1, 2004, at 02:28  PM, Joshua Slive wrote:
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_PORT} (.*)
> RewriteRule .* - [E=R_P:%1]

Ahh! I hadn't seen that. Guess I needed to read mod_rewrite a little
deeper. :)

> RequestHeader add R-P %{R_P}e
>
> But, as I said, I don't think this will work in any 2.0 version.

I understand. I had a feeling what I wanted to do wasn't currently
possible. Any chance of seeing this feature move from the dev side to
the production side in the not-too-distant future? I've got a whole
host of applications that really, really, need to have access to the
client's incoming REMOTE_PORT post proxy hand-off.

Another thing I'm looking to do is make use of PKI-style certs for
user-level authentication into my Frontier-based web applications.
There are some specific mod_SSL directives that we use to request the
client cert, which upon verification stores the cert's values as bunch
of server-based environment variables (most start with "SSL_CLIENT_"
and "SSL_SERVER_").

If ReqestHeader will soon work with environment variables, and
mod_rewrite can set conditions based on SSL environment values (?), it
would seem like I'd be able to perform the same kind of proxy
pass-through I'm trying to do with REMOTE_PORT...

-Brian