httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bijoy Thomas <bijoy...@gwu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache - inetd mode
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:27:50 GMT
Hi all,

   I am using RedHat 9.0. I was going thru a book on Apache (based on 1.3) and it said that
inorder to run Apache in inetd mode we also have to edit /etc/inetd.conf. However I cudnt
find such a file. Instead, there is a directory named xinetd.d that has a number of files.
I believe each file is named after a service listed in /etc/services. But, I didnt find a
file named http or https. Should I create such files and enter the necessary information so
that Apache can run in inetd mode?

Thanks in advance,
Bijoy.