httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wilding, Kevan A" <kwild...@essex.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not logging
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:30:48 GMT
Hi Joshua,
         Thanks for the replies. The rewrite works ok on a similar
machine, same http2.0.48, slightly different kernel, but same OS SuSE8.2
- there are virtual hosts on the LIVE server that will not work, but
this entry is not inside one of them.
         The problem lies, firstly that there is no logging been done
and the mod_rewrite does not therefore work. The test machine all does
it fine.

         I have two versions of apache2, in /usr/local/apache2 and
/apache2test - both configured from running from my config.nice and with
the prefix changed. I have altered the ports, adding 10000 to all
values. This all worked fine when I did this using Apache1.3 and Apache2
with these difering port numbers, but not for two versions of Apache2.
Perhaps I am picking some stray value up fom some other non-configured
file, but all looks ok.
Best
Kevan

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 July 2004 14:17
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not logging

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:22:28 +0100, Wilding, Kevan A
<kwilding@essex.ac.uk> wrote:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/kevan/($) http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/$1

Hmmm... That probably doesn't do exactly what you want.  I'd suggest
RewriteRule ^/kevan/(.*) http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/$1

Also, is this kevan directory inside a virtual host?  If so, you need
the appropriate RewriteOptions set inside the <VirtualHost> to get the
rules to work.

> As regards changing the ports, I have done this in the httpd.conf ok,
> but it appears to ignore this and complain that the httpd pid is
> already running, thus not starting up.

Check the PIDFile directive.  They need to point to different places.
Same for log files.  Usually, when you install apache twice, you use a
different --prefix on the ./configure command line to avoid overlapping
files like this.

Joshua.