httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wilding, Kevan A" <kwild...@essex.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not logging
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:45:09 GMT
Hi all,
       I am using Apache 2.0.48 on SuSE8.2 on two similar machines,
trying to do a simple mod_rewrite. One machine works, the other does
not. The first obvious problem is that even the log does not get written
to.
       I have a simple working example, so I know this is not the
problem.
       Also, I am trying to get a second version of Apache2 running on
the same machine to test this problem out, but this fails at start up as
httpd is already in use. I was able to run Apache1.3 and Apache2 in
tandem before upgrading to Apache2, but I am not sure how I can force
through the two instances (purely for testing out this mod_rewrite
problem).
       This is a live server, so it is not good to have to keep
restarting the service, although as stated, mod_rewrite runs fine on a
similar test machine.
       Any clues are welcome.
Thanks
Kevan