httpd-users mailing list archives

From Douglas Carley <thegoodfe...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ThreadsPerChild setting and Win2k
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:25:52 GMT
We are using apache as a load balancer to 5 back end app servers
running tomcat. Problem we are having is that under heavy load it
appears the the load balancer stops forwarding requests. We get an
error that reads like "consider raising number of threads per child"
We have load tested the box starting with 50 and adding 50 users every
15 seconds till we reach 1000 users.  We start seeing the errors after
about 400 to 450 users,. All of our servers are Win2k. Are there
limitations on Win2k in regards to threads and processes? Is there
anything I can do to enhance performance of apache on Win2k? I have
attached both httpd.conf and workers2.

Thanks.

Doug.