httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ilya gordon" <gro...@iggroup.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 Buffered I/O API question
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:19:25 GMT
I am converting a custom module that is written in C for Apache 1.3. Due
to the  lack of documentation for the Apache 2.0 API
I am forced to pull my hair out. :)
I came across a set of functions in the Apache 1.3 API but I can't find
them or their equivalent in the new 2.0 APIs :

http://www.hk8.org/old%5Fweb/linux/....htm#INDEX-1512

for example

    14.6.22. Buffering Functions
    Apache provides its own I/O buffering interface. This allows
chunked transfers to be done transparently and hides differences
between files and sockets under Win32.

    ap_bcreate create a buffered stream

    BUFF *ap_bcreate(pool *p, int flags)
    Creates a new buffered stream in p. The stream is not associated
with any file or socket at this point. flags are a combination of one of
the following:

These set of functions is completely missing from the new Apache 2.0 API.
Does anybody know what they are replaced with.

Thanks in advance.