httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Vandersteegen <Peter.Vanderstee...@intec.Ugent.be>
Subject [users@httpd] md5 password authentification
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:38:50 GMT
Hello,

thx for reading this problem on a win2000 machine with apache 2.0.49.

My problem concerns the use of md5-passwords created with htpasswd2.
Simply put: I want to check if a given username and its password correspond
with the hashed_passwd in a stored ./password_file?

More in detail:
I have a ./password_file created with:
htpasswd2 -cmb password_file userfoo  passwordfoo

I have a loginname:userfoo and a password: passwordfoo.
I want to see if this "passwordfoo" is the same password hashed in my
./password_file.

I've tried to see the hashed_line of userfoo and its passwordfoo with  a
simple php-script:
(most important line:)
<?php
         $hashed_password =
shell_exec('c:\utilities\xampp\apache\bin\htpasswd -n -b -m userfoo
passwordfoo');
         ?>

The problems I have with this $hashed_password:
         * not the same as the one in the ./password_file
           * it changes everytime I run the script!

Is there a function to check if a user: userfoo and its password:
passwordfoo correspond with the value stored in the ./password_file????

Thx a lot for reading so far.

Peter