httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Stoll <technow...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alltimer mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:40:52 GMT
Joshua Slive schrieb:

> I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, but if the
> rewritelog is empty, you have a major problem.
I try to make it more transparent:
I want to host several Typo3 CMS sites via NamevirtualHosts(80), the
administratration backend resides in a directory which is redirected to
a SSL enabled vhost(443), all vhost backends are mapped to directories
of the SSL vhost (I want to waste only 1 IP / serversystem).
Each backend has its docroot under their own directory on the SSL vhost
and is generating a preview of the edited content which have to be
redirected to the original vhost where the normal site resides...
The redirect should be triggered only if the referer is the script which
calls the preview URL...

> To start, are the mod_rewrite directives inside or outside the
> <VirtualHost> section? If they are outside, you need to use a
> RewriteOptions directive inside the <VirtualHost> to get the
> directives to carry through.
that´s a point I missed, I´ll check it...

> Also, using both Alias and RewriteRules together in this way is not a
> good idea.  You wind up getting confusing stuff happening due to
> module hook ordering.  You are better off convertin the Alias to a
> RewriteRule so you can explicitly specify the ordering.
that´s something I thougt of to do before go live in productive
environment, thanks for pushing me to do it now :-)

Thanks for this useful hint, if I run into a new tarpit, I scream for
more help ;-)