httpd-users mailing list archives

From red_mao <red_...@email.it>
Subject [users@httpd] apache threads hang with rh3.0 and mpm worker
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:45:57 GMT
I, i've a big problem over an redhat ES 3.0 box with apache 2.0.50
compiled with the MPM worker and, with apsx, the jrun connector (it is a
shared module)
my linux box is up(2)dated and i've all the patch released by redhat...
glibc-2.3.2-95.20
nptl-devel-2.3.2-95.20
kernel-smp-2.4.21-15.0.3.EL.i686
gcc-3.2.3-34
gcc-c++-3.2.3-34

after an hours or two of heavy load some threads start to hang and to
use many cpu resorces.
i search something in google but i did not find anything clearly. just
somethings about LD_ASSUME_KERNEL (but can be a wrong tip) and about
some problem that worker and the threads model can have if used with a
NTPL kernel or with the wrong mutex option. about mutual exclusive: i've
tried many mutex's option.
flock (that funcion create the lock file but it always have 0 size),
fcntl(this option never create the lock file, so i even did not test
it),pthread and sysvsem but apache still hang after some work.
any ideas?

 Sponsor:
 Hai lasciato l’università anche da più di 8 anni?
* Ti aiuta CEPU!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2618&d=13-7