httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Chmielewski <man...@interia.pl>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy and mod_rewrite (?) - is it possible to change HTTP headers (user agent)?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 07:28:50 GMT
Hello,

I sent this message to this list, but to date got no answer.

So my second big problem is:

Is it possible to replace HTTP headers in Apache 2 working in a forward
proxy mode (change HTTP headers - HTTP_USER_AGENT - sent by users web
browser, i.e. from Internet Explorer to Mozilla etc.)?

In Squid one would use something like below:

header_replace User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007

which would change user's User_agent header being sent to a remote web
server to Mozilla (i.e. from IE).

How can I achieve a similar result with Apache 2?

Regards,

Tomasz Chmielewski