httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Service Monitor for non-Apache services
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:37:17 GMT
Hetesi Tamás wrote:
> Is it possible to monitor services other than Apache with the Apache
> Service Monitor?

Not as it is. The rule for showing a service is:

        if ((strstr(szBuf, "\\apache") != NULL)
            && strstr(szBuf, ".exe")
            && (strstr(szBuf, "--ntservice") != NULL
            || strstr(szBuf, "-k ") != NULL))

szBuf is the service's "image path". If you really want to, you could try
modifying the source to include the services you want. I'm very unsure what
the results would be.

There is also Windows' own Service Manager, which might not be as "nifty".

Regards,
Robert Andersson