httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd]HELP: httpd (BOTH 1.3X AND 2.0X)always eats up all the avaliable swap And hang the system!!
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:58:55 GMT
You have a lot of options going on in your PHP compile.  Try not loading PHP and starting the
web server and see if you still get the error messages.  One of the rules of thumb is don't
load stuff you don't need.  What type of scripts are you running?  Is it possible that you
have some runaway scripts in place?

Gary Smith

________________________________

From: BBghost [mailto:bbghost_2004@yahoo.com.hk]
Sent: Thu 7/29/2004 2:55 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd]HELP: httpd (BOTH 1.3X AND 2.0X)always eats up all the avaliable
swap And hang the system!!

OK~~ I RETYPE HERE:

Hi All,
I want someone to help me to solve this problem, my httpd always eats up all
the available swap the make the machine Down. It always happens especially
in the busy time. I have rebuilded for many times and used to use other
difference version and the problem is still going on.

I have searched this (All the error and info keywords) in goolge and the old
post here and other available website but could not find the way to solve
this. So I beg for someone can help me.

Here's my machine details :

Linux 9.0 (i686), httpd-2.0.50 (also in other tried version such as
2.0.46~2.0.48, 1.3.31etc), PHP-4.3.8(also in other tried version such as
4.3.6,4.3.7,5.0.0), OPENSSL 0.9.7d

And here's my build apache command: (All version except the 1.3.31)
http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/apache_build_command.html

Here's my build php command: (with 1.3.31 test changed --with-apxs2 to
--with-apxs)

http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/php_build_command.html

Here's my build Openssl command:

./config theads zlib-dymanic shared 386 -Dxxx, -Lxxx

Here's my httpd.conf: (REMOVED # ITEMS)

http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/httpd_conf.txt

Here's my php.conf :

http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/php_conf.txt

Here's my ssl.conf:

http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/ssl_conf.txt

Here's the error log:

http://apachebugs.fbi.com.tw/error_log.txt

DON'T ASK THIS -> [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP <<This is
just happened when I used the old handle method to call PHP in php.conf

The error_log Problem is this  ->
[debug] ssl_scache_dbm.c(403): Inter-Process Session Cache (DBM) Expiry:
old: 0, new: 0, removed: 0  <<Always at startup
[debug] prefork.c(955): AcceptMutex: pthread (default: pthread)  <<Always at
startup
[Fri Jul 30 01:44:55 2004] [info] (104)Connection reset by peer:
core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[info] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
<<This and above appear every few seconds
And while the apache begins to eat swap and make the system and itself hang
I typed service httpd stop, it will be a lot of -> [warn] child process
<PID> still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM

appears in the ERROR_LOG, and depend on the system hang level, if system is
very hang ,It will be more than 100,,,,

I hope someone can help me coz it is horrible, if the apache begins hang up,
beside the IE can't reach the site, also the machine (can't be connected all
the way like SSL,FTP,TELNET.ETC), The ONLY ONE WAY can do is to call the
DATA-CENTER SUPPORT DEPARTMENT to HARD REBOOT it OR WAIT FOR AN HOUR for the
chkserv server to detect and restart it =.= , I really beg someone for help
me, THX

PS: I have used the ethod in other post to creat COREDUMP but I wait for a
long time it still haven't be created=.=