httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Memory Leak.
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:21:40 GMT

> 1000 is a very small MaxRequestsPerChild.  Reducing to 10 is ...
almost
> ... like running apache from inetd.
[Gary Smith]
Agreed, I just figured you got to start somewhere.

> You mentioned PHP - a buggy php script could easily cause that kind
> of problem (as could any buggy script running within httpd).  If it is
> a problem with Apache itself, it might be trying to tell you to
upgrade
> to 2.0 - particularly since you're using SSL.

[Gary Smith]
This should be caught by the php.ini file's memory limits, which
defaults to 8mb's per instance I believe.  This would throw an error
once it passed that limit.  But I guess it also depends on which version
of PHP they are running as well.  Since they come out with a new version
every other month it could be that you are running a buggy version.  We
have run into problems with PHP and apache before (not memory related
though).