httpd-users mailing list archives

From InHisGrip <servie_pla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Testing Apache after a Successful Compile
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:02:31 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thank you for taking time to look into this problem.

Now, I understand that the previous installation has
somehow affected the new install. I should have done a
rpm -e httpd-2.0.47 to uninstall the old one.

Incidentally, since you mentioned an important
security step which is the pgp verification of the
signature. I know its risky to download any tarball
from a mirror site without verifying its integrity but
I just can't seem to do this right.

Could you please tell me the correct way of doing it?
I tried following the examples from the apache.org
howto but could not verify this properly.

And from there on, I will heed your advise and see
what happens next. My apologies to apache experts in
this group as the steps I have used were all from my
apache book. I appreciated your help and patience
since I am but a mere apache newbie.

Thanks a lot!

InHisGrip,
Servie