httpd-users mailing list archives

From InHisGrip <servie_pla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Testing Apache after a Successful Compile
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:50:10 GMT
Hi Scot,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I thought about that before since its the
fastest and easiest way. But most of you guys have
suggested building it from scratch for a more robust
and customized apache server installation.

Though I may have done a monolithic kernel compile
successfully before, this does not mean I may be able
to make a successful compile of apache, have a newly
compiled apache to run and work or unless otherwise.

I followed all the instructions from the apache book,
I am just curious what went wrong or if I may have
missed some stones unturned. The odd thing is the
compile did not exit abnormally so it went smoothly as
it did create the apache directory accordingly.

However, I am still optimistic that someone out there
will lead me on the right track. After all the aim of
this group is to help those who are groping in the
dark.

Anyways, thanks for the tip. This might be my last
option if someone doesn't reply to this thread.

Thanks again and good luck.

InHisGrip,
Servie