httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aman Raheja" <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 on Suse 9.1: Seems not to be loading and can't find how to load it
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:13:28 GMT

You can use ps and netstat to find out if apahe is running.

If it is then look in the log files to find out why your homepage is not
coming up - apache would log an error, if it running at the site is not
properly configured.

Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:54:43 +0100, "Robin Wilson"
<r.t.wilson@rmplc.co.uk> wrote :

> Hi all,
>
> I have, until recently, had Apache 2 running perfectly happily on my Suse
> 9.1 box.
>
> Earlier today, I turned on my box and it didn't seem to load. When I try
> go to localhost I just get a message saying "Could not connect to host
> localhost". It looks like apache isn't running, but how do I start it. I
> have tried all the instructions that I could find on the net, but none of
> them seem to work on my system. How should I get apache running? I don't
> think i've altered any system files recently (at least not knowingly!).
Does