httpd-users mailing list archives

From Batara Kesuma <bkes...@ml.gaijinweb.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Load balancer with sticky sessions
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:07:15 GMT
Hi,

I am using mod_proxy and mod_rewrite as frontend to split the load to
the backends running mod_perl. It is a simple round robin one, the conf
looks like this:

## htppd.conf
RewriteMap  server      rnd:/usr/local/httpd_proxy/conf/server.txt
RewriteRule ^/(.*\.pl)$  http://${server:backend}:8080/$1 [P]

## server.txt
backend         mod_perl1|mod_perl2|mod_perl3

I am wondering how can I make a load balancer with sticky sessions. I
read that mod_backhand can do this, but the last time I checked it only
ran on Apache 1.3 (I use Apache 2.0). Can I use mod_proxy and
mod_rewrite to do this? Is there any other solutions (other than getting
the hardware load balancer)? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Batara