httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eimantas Vaiciunas <eimantas.vaiciu...@sc.vu.lt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Checking if Apache Compile is Successful
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:43:13 GMT
On Thursday 22 July 2004 07:23, InHisGrip wrote:
> Does this mean that the command should be:
> # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Yes, it means this should be the command.

Another tip: delete all the comments from httpd.conf. It will be much shorter.
I know it will be a little bit confusing about having directive without any
explanation what it's doing, but since apache comes with manual, you can
check directives any time by viewing apropriate section in apache manual.
Personally for me it helped to learn directives more fluently than comments
in httpd.conf file.