httpd-users mailing list archives

From InHisGrip <servie_pla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on a Non-Standard Port - follow-up question.
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:32:12 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently, I have paid a third party dns provider,
dyndns.org to do this and as a matter of fact, I have
configured my linksys router to do port forwarding to
port 8080 for example. Likewise, enabled DDNS Service
on the linksys router.

Now, everytime I check locally the site,
http://192.168.1.10:8090 for instance I could access
the site. And on the outside, could only access it
through www.my-site.com:8080 and not www.my-site.com?

My problem is, since I paid for the service with
dyndns.org. Could your suggestion also be done with
dyndns.org and using my linksys router? I don't see
any tabs about web forward in their site.

Has anyone done this at dyndns.org successfully before
I switch or make a domain transfer to zoneedit.com?

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks again.

Servie