httpd-users mailing list archives

From InHisGrip <servie_pla...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache on a Non-Standard Port
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:05:17 GMT

Hi group,

I am new to apache and would like to host my own web
site using apache. The site is a personal site wherein
it will showcase mostly family related info, pictures
and other stuffs.

Most cable ISP's blocks port 80 so I bound my apache
using a Non-Standard Port which work. My question, is
there a way on the httpd.conf file to enable or to
configure so that people won't have to type in
http://www.my-site.com:8080 everytime they want to
access my site?

I tried accessing apache using http://www.my-site.com
but I only get server busy and could not get through.
Is there a better solution to this, or do I have to
deal with it by adding the non standard port on the
browser?

Hope someone would enlighten me on this one. Thanks in
advance.

Servie