httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gattu Madhusudanarao <gmadhusudana...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem using mod_auth_ldap with apache2.0
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:14:57 GMT
Hi Team,
       We are migrating from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0.
       Compiled mod_auth_ldap and mod_ldap and placed
in the libexec directory. The server starts fine. I am
able to access pages which are not controlled by the
location directive. When I access a page which is
mentioned in the location directive, I get an error in
the error_log as below.
[Thu Jul 15 19:29:50 2004] [notice] child pid 9496
exit signal Bus error (10), possible coredump in
/opt/apache2/install
       Actually a child is getting created upon access
and gets killed and I receive an empty message (or say
on the browser "Page cannot be displayed".)
       The httpd.conf contains the following other
than the LoadModule of mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap.
<Location /restrict>
  AuthName "Restricted Area"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthLDAPEnabled on
  AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://127.0.0.1:5555/dc=org,dc=com?cn?"
  AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
  require valid-user
</Location>
       Earlier in apache1.3 the following worked fine.
<Location /restrict>
  AuthName "Restricted Area"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://127.0.0.1:5555/dc=org,dc=com?cn?"
  require valid-user
</Location>

       Please let me know where I am missing.
       I could not find anyone who faced the same
problem earlier on the net.
Thanks,
Madhu