httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about RequestHeader and Apache's use of Environment Variables
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:57:45 GMT
* Brian V Hughes <brianvh@Dartmouth.EDU> wrote:

> However, when I try to access that variable's value with the
> RequestHeader statement, using % {}e, all I get is "(null)" for the
> value of the new header. This is exactly what I was getting under
> 2.0.48. It's like RequestHeader knows about environment variables, but
> refuses to actually look up their values.

Hmm. I'm using it myself here with 2.0.50 - successfully.

> Is there some way to verify whether or not RequestHeader can see and
> use Environment Variables?

Not easy...
But the accompanying code is quite simple.

Can you post the relevant part of the configuration? (or send me the whole
config privately).

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>