httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about RequestHeader and Apache's use of Environment Variables
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:57:45 GMT
* Brian V Hughes <brianvh@Dartmouth.EDU> wrote:

> However, when I try to access that variable's value with the
> RequestHeader statement, using % {}e, all I get is "(null)" for the
> value of the new header. This is exactly what I was getting under
> 2.0.48. It's like RequestHeader knows about environment variables, but
> refuses to actually look up their values.

Hmm. I'm using it myself here with 2.0.50 - successfully.

> Is there some way to verify whether or not RequestHeader can see and
> use Environment Variables?

Not easy...
But the accompanying code is quite simple.

Can you post the relevant part of the configuration? (or send me the whole
config privately).

"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: