httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_mysql
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:39:09 GMT
Quoting Joshua Slive <jslive@gmail.com>:

> On Thu,  8 Jul 2004 10:49:28 -0400, Jim Maul <jmaul@elih.org> wrote:
>
> It looks like the docs you are reading don't match with the module you
> are using.  Try using the docs that come with your version of
> mod_auth_mysql:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/modauthmysql/mod_auth_mysql2/README?rev=1.1.1.1

Well damn, i hate when people write up little howto's and include irrelavant
links.  Sure doesnt help anyone out.

Regardless, after following the docs from the sourceforge project i downloaded
the module from, i no longer get the error stating: Invalid command
'Auth_MySQL_Info'.

However, authentication is not working at all.  I suspect it may be a
configuration issue but i honestly do not know.  There are no errors in the
apache logs whatsoever.

My httpd.conf is as follows:

LoadModule mysql_auth_module modules/mod_auth_mysql2.so

<Directory /jim/>
AuthName "Test Area"
AuthType Basic

require valid-user
AuthMySQLCryptedPasswords Off
AuthMySQLHost localhost
AuthMySQLDB <DB>
AuthMySQLUser <user>
AuthMySQLPassword <password>
AuthMySQLNameField UserName
AuthMySQLPasswordField Password
AuthMySQLUserTable Users
AuthMySQLGroupField GroupID
AuthMySQLGroupTable UserGroups
</Directory>

I have also tried the above (minus the LoadModule) in .htaccess but it has the
same result.  I then put the AuthMySQL directives in the httpd.conf because i
thought there may be an AllowOverride issue which was stopping the use of
.htaccess but as i said, either way makes no difference.  When i browse to
/jim/ on my server, i get the index page as normal, but do not get prompted to
enter any authentication information.  Is there something i am missing,
or does
this module just not work?  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again,

Jim