httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fustrating problem with 2.0.48/SuSE Linux
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:26:54 GMT
Quoting "Marlier, Ian" <marlieri@studentuniverse.com>:

> I've installed apache/2.0.48 from the SuSE Linux RPM distribution, and
> it is running fine.  The server is configured fully, and displays the
> proper pages.  With one exception.  It won't display the index page for
> a directory (say, index.html), saying instead that the directory doesn't
> exist.  Explicitly naming the index page (that is, accessing
> http://xxxx.server.com/index.html instead of just
> http://xxxx.server.com/ ) allows access without fail or error.

I see that you have the correct DirectoryIndex in the httpd.conf but it doesnt
appear to be working correctly.

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php index.php3 index.cgi

Should work just fine however.  What does your apache error log say the
problem
is?  Is the index page really called index.html or is it something else not
listed in the DirectoryIndex directive?  Does index.php work or index.php3?

Jim