httpd-users mailing list archives

From Grant <emailgrant1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Verisign certificate installation problem
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:48:35 GMT
I'm trying to install the Verisign certificate for my
domain on my new server which still uses the IP
address.  I followed the instructions here:

http://tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk/~nick/openssl-certs/others.shtml#ca-openssl

and when trying to verify the certificate which the
openssl command, I get error 20 which is identified
here:

http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/verify.html

as follows:

20 X509_V_ERR_UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOCALLY:
unable to get local issuer certificate
the issuer certificate of a locally looked up
certificate could not be found. This normally means
the list of trusted certificates is not complete.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

- Grant