httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>
Subject [users@httpd] custom apache logs
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:25:30 GMT
I have read through the custom logs section of the apache documentation but i
have been unable to determine if what i want to do is possible.

When using PHP auth with apache _SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] used to get logged to
apache's access log.  We have since switched to authenticating through a form
and then using php sessions and have gotten rid of all instances of
PHP_AUTH_USER.  Because of this, the currently logged in user is no longer
logged to the apache access log.  Is there any way to have PHP variables
recorded in the apache access log?  The currently logged in user is stored in
_SESSION['UserName'].  Can i somehow write this to apache's log?

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Jim