httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edward Kupershlak <mr...@nyu.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Appache filter question: Processing the whole
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:57:21 GMT
> Thanks, but unfortunately, that won't work. It seems some headers are
> generated right before being put into bucket brigades destined to
> be sent
> out on the wire. So the way I would process them is to just read
> through the
> bucket brigades passed to the connection level filter. But, since each
> filter gets the same information several times, and (as it also
> seems) the
> headers and the body of the response are passed in on 2 separate
> calls (not
> to mention what would happen if the message was larger than the 8k
> that a
> bucket brigade will hold), I was wondering if there was any way to
> eitherprevent a filter form being called with the same set of
> buckets, or just
> differentiate the set of buckets (a sequence number or something
> similar)
> Thanks!
> -Edward

Ugh, Don't mind me, I'm stupid.

The problem was that I was incorrectly calling the filter, causing it to be called mulitple
times. It also took me as long to realize that there is no limit in size on a brigade, and
the 8k is just a limit the buckets have (they won't be larger than 8000 bytes)

-edward