httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Carr" <>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory listing problem
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:27:43 GMT's the problem.  This is one of those rare times when I actually
DO want directory listing turned on, because I'm creating a file

I using httpd-2.0.49-4 on Fedora Core 2.

I've added the following to my httpd.conf file:

DocumentRoot "/u01/linux"

<Directory "/u01/linux">
Options +Indexes
AllowOverride None
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all

However, when I try to connect, hoping to get a file listing, I just get
directed to the default site, and in the error_log, the following entry is

Directory index forbidden by rule: /u01/linux/

I've searched google repeatedly for the last couple hours, but so far
everything I've seen shows that this should work.

What little detail am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: