httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scot L. Harris" <we...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Testing Apache after a Successful Compile
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:28:52 GMT
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 21:09, InHisGrip wrote:
> Hi Scot or anyone who will be willing to lend a
> helping hand.
>
> I have an apache 2.0.47 from a Fedora 1 machine which
> works fine. I am interested in compiling apache from
> source tarball and successfully run it.
>
> I downloaded httpd-2.0.50-tar.gz and please refer to
> the syntax in sequence upon compile:

Since there is a 2.0.50 rpm available for FC1 I would recommend you
install that instead of building from source.  I think you will have
more success.

I would suggest you remove apache from the system and install 2.0.50
from rpm fresh.

That should get you back up and running the quickest.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

electromagnetic radiation from satellite debris