httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scot L. Harris" <we...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Checking if Apache Compile is Successful
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:18:37 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 01:23, InHisGrip wrote:
> Hi Scot,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I will definitely follow what you have suggested.
>
> Incidentally, you made some correction as below:
>
> 7. # /usr/local/apache/bin apachectl start
> > >
> > ---------------------------^^ need a / here
> >

> Does this mean that the command should be:
> # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again and hope
> it works this time around.
>
> Regards,
> Servie

Correct.  /usr/local/apache/bin is the directory where the command
apachectl is located.

If you put a space between those I would expect an error message along
the lines of bin is a directory.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

Counting in octal is just like counting in decimal--if you don't use your thumbs.
		-- Tom Lehrer