httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lalit <la...@warehouseoptimization.com>
Subject [users@httpd] URGENT - using posix_kill in PHP !!!!
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:36:22 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use posix_kill in PHP Page to kill the Service under
HP-UX/ Linux is m using APACHE2 on HPUX and PHP 4.3.7 and in LINUX i m
using APACHE 1.3 PHP = 4.3.6.

As i can use posix_kill when apache and the owner of the service are
same ie the user / group is defined under the httpd.conf also the same
own runs that service but fails if the owner of the APACHE is different
from the owner of the service. How can i do this.

Also i can make run APACHE as root but this is not advisable.

As we all know that APACHE WEB Interface does this all how can i do this
without worrying of the user for APACHE and Service.

Many Thanks
Lalit