httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and DNS
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:14:48 GMT
I don't use BIND, so can't advice on that. Ever tried djbdns - you'll be
happier and more secure.
Anyway, you will need two VirtualHost in the httpd.conf if you mean to
have two different sites to be pointed to these two.

HTH

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 02:37, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am creating a domain i.e. mydomain.com and its subdomain i.e.
> sub.mydomain.com in apache. Now i have to create its  zone file for dns,,
> Should i create just one zone file for domain i.e. db.mydomain.com and its
> subdomain or two differnet zone files for domain i.e. db.mydomain.com
> and its subdomain  i.e. db.sub.mydomain.com . In addition should i need to
> create two seprate Virtual hosts in apache for domain and subdomain,,,or it
> it possible to handle it in 1 Virtual host...
>
> Thanks
>
> Muhammad Rizwan Khan

Aman Raheja		      Linux+ Certified
araheja@techquotes.com	      Brainbench Certified Linux (General) Admin