httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carretti Enrico <carretti.enrico.26...@unimo.it>
Subject [users@httpd] forward proxy
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:05:29 GMT
Hi all,
I'm going to configure Apache to work as a forwrd proxy for my LAN; I know
that, when apache is used as a "normal" web server, there is the way to
protect some directories asking clients authentication (in particular I use
the third part module mod_auth_kerb to perform kerberos auth). In my case I
desire to require auth every time a host of my LAN requests to the proxy an
HTTP session: so, is it possible to perform any kind of restriction based on
the request made on the port 80 and NOT based on which directory is requested
(that has no sense in the case of a forward proxy)? Best regards

Enrico