httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Johnson <as...@eggserver.tallships.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Symbolic link
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:00:59 GMT
Hi all, I upgrade a few items on a regular basis, like phpMyadmin and horde/imp.
I would like to un-tar the directory in my root directory and change simply
change a symbolic link so I don't have to change the config file each time. I
just tried it and got an error. Logs say this ....

Symbolic link not allowed: /www/ ...........

My server is my home box running Linux Slackware 9.0.0, Apache/2.0.50
OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.7

Is there a configure option (either in the config file or in compile-time
options) that will allow me to do this?

Tim