httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 module - per-directory config question
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:04:41 GMT
Julie Larson wrote:
> The problem is, when I try to set the per-directory config creator,
> apache core dumps.  If I set the server-wide config creator, apache
> starts up fine, but then the function MyString only takes the last
> value in the file ("I'm the B module") and applies it to every module.

You should use per-directory configuration.

> How can I get a per-module configuration without a core dump?

You need to fix the bug(s).

I don't see any glaring error, but it has been a while since worked with C.
All those casted pointers and various pools makes it quite fragile. I
suggest you try to track down exactly where it goes wrong:
- Does it happen when your create_dir_config() function doesn't do anything?
- Does it work if the set_mod_thing_string() doesn' do anything?
- Etc...

Regards,
Robert Andersson