httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lucas Zamboulis" <lu...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 creates performance problems after upgrading from win2000 to winxp
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:49:00 GMT
Hi,

I use Apache 2.0.48 together with php4. I never had a problem with the
server. However, when my admin upgraded my win2000 OS to winXP I immediately
started having serious performance problems (CPU usage goes to 100% even for
the simplest tasks - checking e-mails).

The reason I am positive that the apache server is to blame for this is that
(after checking all other programs I have installed on my computer) I  shut
down the apache service, then rebooted, and then I did not experience the
problem any more.

Note that after the reboot, when I manually restarted the service, I did not
experience the same problem right-away; it took like 5-10 minutes to get the
same problem again.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem and how I can resolve
it?

Many thanks,
Lucas